Package included in:
1 x Maxi Products Ready To Use Linseed oil Putty Interior & Exterior
- Maxi Linseed Oil Putty is a ready mixed putty for glazing timber frame windows and door panels.
- Suitable for glazing outside of glass, inside of glass (heel sealing) and bedding glazing beads (wooden strip retaining glass).
- Remove all decayed wood down to dry sound material and fill with MAXI RTU ALL purpose filler.
- Ensure window frame rebate is dry and free from loose material and dust.
- Coat window frame rebate and glazing beads with one light coat of oil based primer.
- Remove a small quantity of Linseed Oil Putty from tub and soften it with your fingers.
- Apply to rear of rebate, squeezing out putty to approximately 2mm between glass and frame.
- Fit glass into frame and secure with pins.
- Apply Linseed Oil Putty to the face, where the glass joins with the frame.
- If applying beading between the glass and window frame, press beading against putty squeezing out putty to 2mm thickness between glass and bead.
- Remove surplus Linseed Oil Putty with a Stanley knife.
- Allow putty to skin for approx. 2 weeks before painting.
- Clean up with water.
- Replace wax skin disc and lid immediately after use and store in a cool place.
- Dispose of used container as required by your regulatory authority.
- Putty dries slowly by exposure to air, taking up to 6 weeks to firm through.
- Thicker putty sections dry more slowly.
- Allow more drying time before painting with acrylic paint.
- Allow putty to skin before painting - a minimum of 2 weeks is suggest.
- Oil based undercoat is recommended.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.