Package included in:
1 X SELLEYS KNEAD it Polymer Repaid Compound Aqua 50g
- A versatile hand kneadable, fast setting co-extruded epoxy repair system that can be used for repairing a multitude of things.
- It is especially suitable for application to damp, wet or underwater substrates.
- It comes in a handy roll form, with the white hardener encapsulated in the aqua green resin part.
- The product hardens in 20,30 minutes after mixing, to a white solid material.
- Suitable for: Fibreglass. Wood/Timber. Ceramics. Metal. Concrete. Glass. Most plastics (pre-test required). Masonry
- Will not sag, run or drip.
- Easy to use no mess.
- Can be drilled, sawed, sanded, filed, tapped, machined or painted one hour after mixing.
- Good adhesive strength.
- Can be used to reshape, rebuild and repair a multitude of surfaces and applications.
- Good gap filling properties.
- Long-lasting, durable solution.
- Heat resistant to 120°C continuously or 140°C intermittently.
- Can be used under water. (but dry sufaces for application are best and recommended).
- Longer set time (less than 20 min).
- Suitable for contact with drinking water. Complies with AS/NZS 4020, QAS Type Test Certificate No.: 8649.
- Higher tack for underwater repairs.
- Clean surface free of grease, dirt and dust. For best results roughen bond area prior to cleaning.
- Cut off required amount. Replace disc on remaining portion. Use gloves to avoid messing hands. To mix, knead with fingers to a uniform colour. If mixing is difficult, warm to room temperature.
- Apply to surface to be repaired (within 2 minutes of mixing) and mould to shape if required.
- For a smooth appearance, remove excess and hand rub with water or a damp cloth before hardening begins.
- Trim away any excess before initial hardening. Remove any residues with acetone prior to initial hardening. Hardened excess may be sanded or trimmed away once fully cured.
- After 20-30 minutes Knead-It Aqua will harden and begin to form a strong bond. Allow for longer cure times at lower temperatures.
- After 60 minutes Knead-It Aqua may be drilled, sanded, machined, filed, sawed or painted.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before product hardens.
- Ensure the putty and hardener are mixed properly. Knead-It will become warm as it is mixed, A good indication its mixed properly is when you have a uniform colour, and feel a mild heat radiating from thre knead-it.
- To help determine when your knead it has set, keep a small piece off to check- when it is hard, it indicates your job is done.
- Use Knead-It Aqua for applications in wet/ submerged areas.
- Use Knead-It Steel for applications on metal or fuel contact
- For cleaning surfaces prior to application of adhesive, if the surface is porous, we would recommend using SELLEYS Liquid Sugar Soap. If the surface is non-porous eg glass or metal, firstly clean the surface with mineral turpentine and then again with methylated spirits. If there is old, difficult to remove residue such as old paint, we recommend using paint stripper such as SELLEYS Kwik Strip Smart. Ensure the surface is dry before applying the product
- Keep a canister of SELLEYS Sugar Soap Wipes nearby for a quick and effective cleanup
- Where possible wear protective gloves when using Knead-It Steel. Contact with skin may result in irritation. Epoxy resin is a known skin sensitiser. Repeated or prolonged skin contact may lead to allergic contact dermatitis.
- If redness or swelling of skin occurs, wash thoroughly with soap and water. Seek medical attention if in any doubt.
- Mixed and cured material is not hazardous. Cured material can only be removed by cutting and abrasion. If cured on skin, it will peel off in a few days without assistance. Soaking in warm water will assist removal.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.